Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Thanks for the Compliments!


Warning!  This post might make you relatively hungry! 

If you’re still reading after that warning then welcome back!   I’ve been highlighting different aspects of the Sobey’s chain as well as their competitors.  Today, we’ll be touching upon Sobey’s own label, Compliments.  Sometimes, but not always, the brand name is better.  However, in most cases the brand name is usually more expensive as well.

Compliments offer a wide variety of food products that compare and rival to brand names such as Orville Redenbacher, Christie, Heinz, Frito Lay, Coca-Cola etc.  Compliments can help you save money when purchasing groceries especially if you’re throwing a party because most people really can’t tell the difference.

In my past posts I’ve compared the aspects of the Sobey’s chain to Loblaw’s and Metro, so why stop now?  Of course there’s going to be competition against Compliments.  For example, Loblaw’s has President’s Choice as well as No Name and Metro has Selection.  On top of rivalling brand names they always rival one another.  Each brand is comparable in price but each one competes in the taste preference category.

Let’s get back to the topic at hand though.  If you visit the website http://www.compliments.ca  you’ll be able to find every product of Compliments with a simple click of the mouse.  There’s a search column that one could use to find an easy list of the product they’re in need of.  I searched “cookies” and found a list composed of 66 results.  There are fun and easy recipes, ratings and reviews on products and featured new products.

With it being so close to Halloween and all I thought it was only appropriate to post a recipe for “Red Velvet Halloween Cupcakes”, a recipe that I actually used because I love to bake.
http://www.inspired.ca/en/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?ID=12863&c=19 .. Enjoy!