Good day
and welcome to Jasmine Normoyle’s very own blog! Over the next few posts I’ll be introducing
you to a few aspects of the grocery chain that most people may overlook. I’ll be focusing on the Sobey’s chain but as
I happen to work at a No Frills I’m going to do a little comparing.
A lot of
us have a grocery store and/or chain that we’re loyal to. I happen to be loyal to all stores’ Loblaw’s
owned. I promise I won’t try to be bias
for those of you who prefer the other guy’s.
Since all of these stores have such loyal shoppers they’ve given their
customer’s incentive to shop with their brand.
Loyalty programs offering rewards that keep the customer coming back for
more. Almost all stores have them now a
day and why not make a little money while you’re spending a good chunk of it.
Every
human being needs food so while you’re shopping for groceries you can earn
rewards to redeem for even more groceries in the future. I didn’t think these programs were such a big
deal until I started looking into it. You can really decide your whole shopping
trip based upon where you will earn the most points.
Sobey’s
offers “Club Sobey’s” card where you can earn 1 point for every dollar you
spend. You can convert these points into
groceries, Esso Extra points for gas or Aeroplan Miles for flights. Loblaw’s on the other hand offers PC
points. The only catch is that you have
to bank with PC Financial to earn any type of points. Whereas Metro offers Air Miles which is accepted
at quite a few places, you have to spend $20 at Metro just to earn 1 Air Mile.
With the breakdown of these points programs I may have to start doing some of my shopping at Sobey’s :|